Aircraft Being Restored
The Sikorsky R-6 was a light two-seat helicopter of the 1940s. In Royal Air Force and Royal Navy service, it was named the Hoverfly II. Initial production was by Sikorsky, but most examples were built by Nash-Kelvinator. The first R-6s were delivered to the United States Army Air Forces in late 1944 and some were transferred to the United States Navy. It was initially intended to pass 150 R-6s to the Royal Air Force (RAF), but delays caused by the switch of production from Sikorsky's factory at Stratford, Connecticut to Nash-Kelvinator at Detroit, Michigan meant that only 27 R-6As were actually delivered to the RAF as the Hoverfly II. Fifteen of these were passed on to the Royal Navy's Fleet Air Arm (FAA).
Aircraft scheduled to be restored
The Piasecki HRP Rescuer (aka Harp) was a United States tandem-rotor transport or rescue helicopter designed by Frank Piasecki and built by Piasecki Helicopter. The Piasecki PV-3 was adopted as the HRP-1 Rescuer by the United States Navy, United States Marine Corps, and United States Coast Guard.